Guys, I am going to do 7 days of reviews! Every day a new review for you! Hope you enjoy it. 🙂
(Author: Robert Kirkman) + (Year: 2015) + (Goodreads)
Any hopes that I might have had for vast improvement after the first volume are now, sadly, gone. I am not saying that Vol. 2 was necessarily bad, it was just not any better.
- Absolutely no development on some of the stories they started in Vol. 1. I expected several stories to be continued and I was actually anticipating it, but it did not happen.
- No character improvement that we can speak of. I already finished volume 3 as well and I might not have noticed that those were three separate books. Nothing is going on for these characters. Every time I think: Okay, this time he will get his shit together and start thinking and working logically, they only have a temporary stroke of genius and then go back to their usual selves(I’m talking about Kyle and the reverend, specifically).
- I liked the fact that some of the characters are starting to realize what is happening, unlike the first volume, but that also seems to be the only visible development. Since I am in Saga mood right now, I can tell you that in the five volumes that I have read so much has happened. Three volumes of Outcast and I’m pretty sure I could write it. There is a certain formula that they follow and that is not interesting anymore. PICK UP THE PACE, FFS!
- The illustrations I like. The colors are beautiful! The people themselves are a bit too identical, each gender to its own, but as far as issues go, that is really not the biggest one in Outcast.
- A story is brewing somewhere there, that much is obvious, but I am afraid that by the time they actually start developing it, everyone would have lost interest.